MORE TECHNOLOGY, FEWER INCIDENTS
Taking vehicle safety to the next level.
What you drive will determine your insurance risk profile more than how you drive. Because the safety equipment of your vehicle will prevent or reduce accidents.
The economic effect and related insurance claims amount to billions every year. Future developments in mobility and vehicle safety in particular will save millions of lives. Mobility is a revolutionary trend that will completely change the automotive industry and the financial service sector.
Autonomous driving will strongly accelerate this process and play a crucial role in both increasing road safety and reducing insurance claims. Autonomous Driving and Advanced Driver Assistant Systems (ADAS) aim to take vehicle safety to the next level by avoiding (m)any crash situation(s).
The qualities of a vehicle’s safety equipment will directly determine the level of your motor insurance premium.
This increased road safety results in reduced risk, which can fundamentally change existing cost and price structures for insurers.
- ADAS technologies will reduce both frequency and severity of accidents paving the way for increased safety and reduced claims.
- Increasing technology content reduces the frequency and effect of accidents. This should also impact the cost structure of motor insurance.
- Over 90% of all traffic accidents can be linked to human error. Advanced driver assistance systems prevent the cause of such accidents.
- Advanced driver assistance systems improve road safety and reduce insurance costs.
Without transparency, immense potential remains untapped.
An objective and intuitive indicator for a modern evaluation of vehicle safety has not been available to market participants.
Vehicle safety equipment is a proven influencer of insurance costs. Until today no insurer has established a practicable approach to integrate such vehicle safety features into the premium calculation for individual drivers.
- Individual car configuration determines vehicle safety.
- Specifically, advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) are absolutely relevant.
- However, an information gap makes the market very inefficient.
- Insurers lack differentiated information about individual vehicles they insure.
- A lot of value is lost due to intransparency.
Until today, insurers hardly offer insurance models that leverage information on vehicle safety technology. If insurers continue to ignore such effects, they could lose the competitive edge on insurance pricing.
UNIQUE AND DISRUPTIVE
We make vehicle safety visible and usable.
- CUBIQ closes the information gap.
- CUBIQ helps insurers to connect the dots.
- CUBIQ offers information about vehicle safety equipment for every vehicle on an individual equipment level – measurable and usable.
We unleash the hidden potential of vehicle safety along the insurance value chain.
- CUBIQ delivers valuable information for individual, transparent and exact risk assessment.
- CUBIQ extracts relevant product information for drivers, insurers and car manufacturers.
- CUBIQ translates individual and vehicle-specific specification data into fully comparable values.
- CUBIQ identifies and filters safety-relevant data on vehicle-level.
- CUBIQ harmonizes data on individual vehicle specifications and manufacturer-specific configurations into normalized data sets for value creation.
CUBIQ possesses relevant reference data
- We already established almost 90% data coverage for the European market.
- Strategic co-operations with reliable technology and development partners ensure sustainable and continuous development of our solutions and services.
- We ensure highest levels of systems stability and scalability.
VALUE CREATION FOR EVERYBODY
Reliable decision-making and fair insurance premiums.
Our products and services help to create fairer and better premiums for demonstrably safer vehicles.
Our solutions and services provide valuable characteristics:
- Objectivity. For the first time, all market participants will gain access to objective and quantifiable information on vehicle safety equipment.
- Transparency. For the first time, comprehensive and granular information on safety-related vehicle equipment becomes usable.
- Reliability. Data on vehicle equipment an be used for the calculation of truly individual motor insurance premiums.
Adequately reflecting vehicle safety in insurance premiums for each and every vehicle enables enormous potential for manufacturers, insurers and drivers.
Benefits for drivers / insurance customers
- Lower insurance premiums for owners of safer vehicles.
- Drivers could pay up to 25% lower insurance premiums for safer vehicles.
Benefits for insurers
- Insurers can more easily evaluate and assess risks of specific vehicles.
- Claims costs could be lowered by up to 35% for safer vehicles because severity and frequency of claims will be reduced.
- Insurers can improve their insurance profitability and wind new profitable customers with more attractive pricing schemes.
Benefits for car manufacturers
- Manufacturers can better differentiate themselves from competition.
- Technological leadership and safety equipment will be noticed more objectively by potential customers.
GET IN TOUCH